Sweet Trouble

Rants, raves, book reviews and one girl's thoughts on life, the universe and everything.

Thursday, June 04, 2009

The Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl

Roald Dahl is a classic name of children's literature. Perhaps such gems as Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or James and the Giant Peach are the better known titles today, thanks to the movie adaptations. My favorite as a child was always the tale of Farmers Boggis, Bunce and Bean (one fat, one short, one lean) and the Fox whom they face off against in a battle of the wits.

There was a time during my formative years where I read the whole book to myself each night before I went to bed. It's only 80 pages, an easy early chapter book. When my half brother reached an appropriate age he received a copy and audio tape of the book and it became HIS bedtime favorite. Now, my own son and I read aloud the adventures of Mr. Fox and his friends and it's like going back in time. Forget the likes of James Joyce and John Updike; in my book THIS is a real classic...its right up there with Good Night Moon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home