Sweet Trouble

Rants, raves, book reviews and one girl's thoughts on life, the universe and everything.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Books for June

I've posted my book suggestions for June.

Black Rose is new as of May 31st. The first book in the trilogy is called Blue Dhalia. It was wonderful, and I look forward to reading this second entry. My grandmother enjoyed the book as much as I did. It is always fun to find novels we can share.

Charlaine Harris's Southern Vampire series are always fun. You can start with her newest one, or while away the heat of the summer with the whole series.

Zorro is a retelling of the classic version of this Robin-hood type hero. I spent many a summer afternoon thrilling to Guy Williams as the black-clad fox during my childhood. If you've only seen the movie, you owe it to yourself to give this book (or the old series and movies) a try.

Sherwood Smith's Crown Duel in paperback contains her two novels "Crown Duel" and "Court Duel" as well as a new short-story. They may be categorized as young adult, but I'm thirty-mumble and regularly thrill to rereading them. They are chockfull of adventure, fabulous story telling and detailed character studies.

Last but not least, as if these weren't enough, I'd like to suggest a few things to re-read this month. Five things actually. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince hits bookstands and mailboxes across the country on July 16. Why not re-read the first five books as a delectable way of preparing yourself for the return to Hogwarts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home