Sweet Trouble

Rants, raves, book reviews and one girl's thoughts on life, the universe and everything.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Soul Fu'd

My husband and I were recently in Atlanta where we had dinner with another couple who are our good friends. We ate at a restaurant called "Mama Fu's" and I would like to recomend it to you highly! Brought to life by the creators of Moe's Southwestern (where you can get custom burritos and tacos and such in a family friendly atmostphere and equally friendly price) Mama Fu's is the best of all things Asian.

The atmosphere is a little classier than Moe's...it's as if re-created all of the good things about the sister chain, and improved on the bad. You place you order and sit down with a number, though drinks are still self serve (excepting for wine and beer.) To my mind the worst thing about Moe is queueing up to wait and then having to move along the plexiglass. Of course, there is just about NO OTHER WAY for them to have the great custom food that the do, so I can't complain too much.

Anyhow, Mama Fu's is quite simply the best Asian food I have ever had. Blow's P.F. Chang's out of the water, and is way above your average mom and pop chinese place. We had pad thai, wonton soup and fried rice. Our friends had a chicken lettuce wrap and fried rice. My husband and I were green with envy over the letuce wrap, since that is our favorite dish from Changs, but with our dinner already on the way it was too late for us to order one.

My Wonton soup was best I've ever had, in 32 years of Wonton consumption. All of the veggies and herbs were FRESH and my Pad Thai featured slices of portobello mushrooms that were as heary and delicious as the chicken. The menu is vast (and humorously labled) and my only regret is that we do not yet have one of these fine establishments in our home town. We spoke with the manager on the way out, though, and they seemed to think we could expect to see franchises popping up with a year or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home